October 1-31, 2022
The challenge has ended but you can still earn rewards: Join Today
Thank you to all of the challenge participants! This month we did a lot of good for the environment, our health, and our wallets, all through sustainable commuting. Collectively competing commuters reduced 1,046 car trips. The trips we reduced tallied up 14,137 miles saved from driving. This amount of driving replaced by sustainable commuting prevented 11,290 pounds of emissions. Not to mention it saved 576 gallons of gas from being bought. These savings at the pump and more from wear and tare on vehicles equaled $8,835 during the challenge. Through active transportation members burned 77,910 calories. It is amazing what 39 committed challenge participants can collectively do when they are committed to sustainable commuting!
We were all in this together, but a special group of commuters emerged during the challenge this month. The 30+ Club all reduced more than 30 car trips in a single month. This extra level of dedication requires extra recognition. Special thanks to the following users for their commitment: newts, Matt G, JenS, Erock, Walker, Kamila, JT606, Karen, ch_, PMacGo, PlannerPete, Gerry, Shayna, Tanya, JohnnyD, Larry N, Kelsey, Doug R, Tammy Z, cgp603, and Dirk L.
Remember to keep up the sustainable commuting, if you keep logging your trips you can earn rewards all year long with CommuteSmart NH.
From October 1st through the 31st, log any sustainable trip you take using a mode other than driving in a vehicle alone. Contestants can log trips walking, biking, transit, carpool, telecommuting (working from home), or any combination of these options. Compressed workweeks can also be counted as you’re still reducing the number of trips driving alone to work.
In contrast to our Spring Statewide Challenge, the Buses, Bikes & Brooms Challenge is individually based – so you can earn all the bragging rights in your office! You’ll still be able to track your progress against other commuters on the leaderboard. Even though teams will not be used for this challenge, you should still encourage your coworkers and friends to participate and track how you match up against each other.
How to Join
The challenge is run using our online system powered by AgileMile! You can join, log trips, and earn rewards on the web or in our app that is available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. To enter the Challenge, you first need to create or log in to you CommuteSmart NH account, then join the challenge, then start logging your trips. If you are logging in from a desktop, you can join the challenge on the “Racing” page under the “Account” tab. If you are logging in from the mobile app, you can join the challenge by going to the “Me” tab, selecting “Racing” under “Account” then selecting this year’s challenge. (Screen shots of the pages included below) The leaderboard will appear once the challenge starts on Oct. 1st and will populate after the first day of logging on Oct. 2nd!
Challenge Awards and Incentives
Individuals with the highest number of reduced car trips will be recognized at the end of the challenge! In addition, the following incentives will be awarded:
- Raffle prizes: Throughout the challenge, participants will be chosen at random to win gift cards from a wide selection of brands of their choosing. To be eligible all you have to do is make sure you are logged into your account, have logged a sustainable trip during the challenge period, and your profile information is up to date. Winners will be notified via email!
- Two $20 gift card drawings will happen every Friday of the challenge: October 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, and a final drawing on the 31st
- Winners will be chosen randomly from the pool of challenge participants who logged a trip that week
- Commute Costume Contest: Another gift card prize will be awarded at the end of the challenge to a participant who also entered into our costume contest. Share a post of yourself commuting sustainably in a costume, tag us, and include #BusesBikesandBrooms and you will be entered into this special festive drawing. If you do not have a platform to post on, emailing us at email@example.com a photo/video you are willing for us to post counts the same as an entry
General Challenge Resources
- Challenge Logo
- CommuteSmart NH Logo
- Getting started with CommuteSmart NH (Video):