The 2019 Buses, Bikes, & Brooms Challenge has ended! In just two weeks we were able to log 563 trips segments totaling 3,561 miles, and saved 5,344 pounds of pollutants and $3,995!
Absolute Resource Associates
Central NH Regional Planning Commission
City of Concord
Goodale’s Bike Shop – Nashua
Hanover Co-op Food Stores
Monadnock Food Co-op
Nashua Regional Planning Commission
NH Department of Environmental Services
NH Department of Transportation
NH Public Utilities
Oyster River Cycle Sport
Queen City Bike Collective
Rockingham Planning Commission
Shaker Road School
Southern NH Planning Commission
Strafford Regional Planning Commission
Join other businesses and employers from across the state in celebrating fall by participating in the Buses, Bikes, & Brooms Challenge! Bike, walk, skateboard, telecommute, carpool, use transit, or any combination of these modes from October 20 – November 2, 2019!
How to Join
To create a new team with your workplace, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your team has already been created and you just need to join the team, you will need to login or register on NH Rideshare. Once you’re logged in or registered, you will be able to select your team under the Challenge Tab of the main menu. Alternatively, you may join your team through any personalized email containing a registration link sent to you by your Team Captain.
Don’t have a workplace to participate with? Participate as an individual! Simply join the team called Free Agents, a team comprised of all individuals from around the state.
From October 20 through November 2, log any trip you make to work in a manner other than driving in a vehicle alone. The challenge permits various modes including walking, biking, transit, carpool, telecommuting (working at home), or any combination of these options. All trips will be logged on the NH Rideshare software and participants will be required to create their own login if they don’t already have one (Don’t worry – it’s free!)
Form a team with your workplace and compete with other teams around the state. You’ll be able to track your progress against other teams and other people on your team on the improved real-time leaderboard. Depending on the size of your employer, your team may be your department, unit, division, branch or the entire company. In fact, many find it fun to create friendly competition between other departments or branches of a company. As stated previously, you may compete as an individual if you don’t have a workplace able to participate as a team.
Prizes will be given to individuals based on the number of days logged by that individual during the challenge period:
- Log one day: Log one day during the challenge and receive a Buses, Bikes & Brooms Challenge Logo sticker.
- Log five days: Log five days of the challenge and receive a CommuteSmart NH water bottle filled with Halloween candy. You’ll also receive the Buses, Bikes & Brooms Challenge Logo sticker.
- Log eight or more days: Log eight or more days of the challenge and receive a CommuteSmart insulated travel mug. You’ll also receive the Buses, Bikes & Brooms Challenge Logo sticker and a CommuteSmart NH water bottle filled with Halloween candy.
All prizes will be given out after the challenge has ended. Prizes will be distributed through team captains or directly to individuals. CommuteSmart NH reserves the right to change any prizes at any time.
Team Captain Toolkit
- Challenge Guidebook
- Sign-up Posters
- Poster #1– General information about the challenge for those who may not have heard of Commute Smart NH, or its challenges before
- Poster #2 – For business to post notifying employees that they are participating
- Poster #3 – To use in the middle of the challenge to remind participants to log their trips
- Sample Email Blasts
- Challenge Logo
- CommuteSmart NH Logo